Saturday, December 12, 2015

Good Old Fashion Donuts

I absolutely love this time of year! Especially with all of the goodies that are made and given around. I know in my family we are huge fans of homemade donuts! My mom has a killer recipe of real spudnuts that she got from my great grandma. It is a family tradition to spend some weekends with friends frying up donuts with a hot griddle of oil and nicely risen donuts!

During my freshman year of high school I took an elective health class. One big part of the class was learning how to read labels and know the nutrients content of the food we ate. I decided that I was interested in the calorie count and the nutrients contained in my moms donuts. Taking all of the ingredients we measured it all out and counted...lets just say I will probably never do that again for something that I love so much! I have been on the look out for a healthy alternative since then. Thats when I came across this recipe that makes donuts using sour cream.(See Complete Receipe

This recipe contain a much higher nutrient count than normal donuts for a fraction of the time to prepare them. It was a great find! They make a great breakfast food and is an excellent source of carbohydrates. They keep you full longer and are quick and easy. Give it a try! 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment